Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot - after a few hours of searching - find the threads where Charles described his quad-feed fuel system. I was wanting to re-read it and refresh my memory...

If anyone has it bookmarked or can contact Charles and ask him to get in touch, I would appreciate the help finding it...

Sam

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose it would be worth stating - I don't really care for personal opinion? I am really just looking for his write up/explanation of his fuel system. I am contemplating adapting it for my own purposes...

Sam

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw - but he hasn't posted since September 2009....

Sam

·
Registered
748 Posts
I suppose it would be worth stating - I don't really care for personal opinion? I am really just looking for his write up/explanation of his fuel system. I am contemplating adapting it for my own purposes...

Sam
WOW yr kinda sensitive.........:pointlaugh:

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW yr kinda sensitive.........:pointlaugh:
Not at all... I just remember the threads and all the BS that was in them. Was hoping to avoid everyone posting their opinions rather than pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate Sleeper's help.

Sam

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For personal opinions please post in that thread. Sure a high post count in that thread my help my goal.

Sam

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Your asking for a link to his thread on a fuel system that is based on his personal opinion - but yet your not interested in his personal opinion? Odd....

Anyway it was a four port outlet regulator where the fuel outlet of the pump was hooked to the regulator and an outlet line ran to each end of each head and then a return back to the tank. Not sure what else you want to know about it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Your asking for a link to his thread on a fuel system that is based on his personal opinion - but yet your not interested in his personal opinion? Odd....

Anyway it was a four port outlet regulator where the fuel outlet of the pump was hooked to the regulator and an outlet line ran to each end of each head and then a return back to the tank. Not sure what else you want to know about it.
I ran this setup on a truck I built about 5 years and it worked great.

Got a similar setup on my pulling truck now but my Fass is regulated and I just have a 4 way splitter in the valley.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

HRT - I actually am not very interested in his opinion either, although I know those threads had plenty of everyones opinion. I was looking for some more details regarding which regulator he was running, whether he had a return line, size of feed lines, etc.

Sam

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
You know what pressure you want your regulator to work at, you know approximately what your max flow rate you need to plan for (pump output), you know that you want 4 lines going to the heads. I'm sure 5 minutes shopping in the Jeg's online catalog will net you the PN for the regulator you need for your app.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
i think your closer. just have to hit line sizes.
iirc it is an aeromotive regulator , not sure if the fuel lab has the same number of ports.
i like his idea
i am thinking a modded 5/8 pickup to a water separator , course filter,10~15micron,then to a fuel lab pump (charles has a slightly diff version) then 1/2" lines to a fine ,say 2~3 micron filter up to the reg, then 3/8 to the heads, and a 3/8 return line, I would add a fuel cooler, then dump into the tank.

i would like to see more how the 4 head lines run but that is my take of it.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So would having the return line run to a tank in the bed be a bad idea? Would there be enough pressure to force it up the fuel line and into the tank?

Sam

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Re: Charles - Fuel Systemw

So would having the return line run to a tank in the bed be a bad idea? Would there be enough pressure to force it up the fuel line and into the tank?

Sam
Would be very bad if your bed tank was full, I would imagine the tank is vented to it wouldn't pull a vacum and implode, but you will empty your main tank much faster, since it won't be recycling the fuel

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
i think your closer. just have to hit line sizes.
iirc it is an aeromotive regulator , not sure if the fuel lab has the same number of ports.
i like his idea
i am thinking a modded 5/8 pickup to a water separator , course filter,10~15micron,then to a fuel lab pump (charles has a slightly diff version) then 1/2" lines to a fine ,say 2~3 micron filter up to the reg, then 3/8 to the heads, and a 3/8 return line, I would add a fuel cooler, then dump into the tank.

i would like to see more how the 4 head lines run but that is my take of it.
I ran that micron W/S for awhile, and Fuelab recommended I run a 100 micron spin on the last time I talked to them, which I do now. [email protected] is working with them on testing a 30 micron to see if it would affect the pump. My pump showed no wear the last time it was in, but it only had ~3k miles on it with a 10 micron W/S pre-pump.

Charles was running the tall skinny Aero regulator, I think it was called the EFI regulator.

Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts