Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a odd issue with an 03 F-250 6.0L- A couple days ago the entire instrument cluster stopped working, when the key is turned to the run position none of the gauges move and the warning lights and the wait to start light does not come on either. I checked the cluster fuses and they were fine. The glow plugs cycle and injectors buzz like always and the truck starts and runs fine.

I really needed to use the truck that day so I just drove it as is. I have an Edge Insight that I used for MPH, ECT, and EOT, everything reads thru the OBD plug fine. While coming home at night the lights started to get dim. The next morning I charged the batteries and tested the voltage, both running and off, no voltage change. Also checked the voltage drop thru the charging wire, no difference in voltage at all so I pulled the alternator and went to buy a new one. Before buying one they tested the old one, tested out fine...

I know the alternator could still be bad (even though it tested good), but would that cause the inst. cluster to not function at all? Could a bad cluster prevent the alternator from charging? Is there something else I need to look at that could cause both issues? Need some expertise here, thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts