Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if I have to charge both batteries independantly, or can I just put the charger on one battery and have it charge both?

Thanks

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are charging your batteries, I suspect that you are having an issue with your batteries. If that is the case, you need to disconnect the second battery and test each one to find out which one is bad if not both of them. If you are just really bored and feel like charging them for some reason, yes you can leave them connected together.

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that. I'm having issuse with an hpop install and it's requiring quite alot of cranking. batts are fine, I just want to make sure they're both good and topped up in between starts.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
What problem are you having with your HPOP install?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Takes a lot of cranking if you don't fill the rails and such. I had mine installed by a pro and it still idled rough for a week or so.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You can also get an air bubble under the ICP sensor which will cause havoc. I put my adrenaline pump in and ran it for about 5 minutes on high idle(1100 rpm) and then took it for a ride on the highway and pulled some wot runs on a long upgrade. Purred like a kitten by the time I got home. I also installed a new IPR and ICP when I installed the pump. The ICP was seeping through the connector and I figured if I was putting in a 600 dollar HPOP another 80 bucks for an IPR was worth not having the hassles. I also did a 300 mile trip one way the next day too so that probably worked out any other possible air issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts