Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has done the 05-07 front end conversion? I have bumper, grill, headlights, and the plastic piece for behind everything. We're thinking of doing the HID bulbs and I know that I can get them to fit the truck, but what would I have to do if I wanted to keep the stock bulbs?

Any advice would be great! Thanks ya'll.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
If you want to keep the stock H13 bulbs I would get a kit from one of the vendors. I hard wired mine into some adapters and they work good but it's not as clean as I'd like it.

You will need the bumper brackets to bolt the bumper up to yours. The fog lights are different too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just did mine the exact same as what you are doing. i ordered hid's from retro-solutions. todd was his name. i told him what i was trying to do and he sent them with the correct h13 bulb but a 9007 harness to plug right into the truck. worked flawless.
clarence

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Retro-Solutions h13 HID kit

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Urgradin' the ole front end are ya? LOL

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
If I was going thru the trouble of that swap, I'd have to get the Harley Davidson lights for sure.

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything was laying around the shop and its free so I'm kicking my ugly 04 front end to the recycle bin!

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Post it up for sale on here. I'm sure it would be purchased quickly for guys with 2001 and older trucks.

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post it up for sale on here. I'm sure it would be purchased quickly for guys with 2001 and older trucks.
I thought it was just the headlights that were different? I am trading my headlights for the grill so I'd only have bumper and grill.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
The headlights are the only difference, but the rest of the stuff is 3+ years newer and likely has 100k less miles of bugs on them :D

·
Burger Flipper
155 Posts
i just did mine the exact same as what you are doing. i ordered hid's from retro-solutions. todd was his name. i told him what i was trying to do and he sent them with the correct h13 bulb but a 9007 harness to plug right into the truck. worked flawless.
clarence
Well piss! I wish I would have known that before I ordered the kit, then I would not have spent 50 bucks on harnesses to change the hook up over.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Good to see your finally changing it!

I'm with ya J f250, I spent $80 on the headlight harness!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts