Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Looked way back and couldn’t find an answer. It seems for the E4OD trucks a clean EBP sensor circuit may aid in transmission shifting. So what would happen if one used the boost signal rather then exhaust driven pressure signal? I know with an IC, changing the MAP sensor to the hot side of the IC can make a difference for fueling.

Thinking I might cap off the EBP sensor line on top of block and T the sensor into the MAP line just for fun. Whatcha think?
j

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I remember some folks doing the opposite (EBP into the MAP) trying for more power with some even designing circuitry to try and optimize the thing, but that's not what you're trying to do here. I have no idea what the programming on these things uses for shift strategy, but we do have inputs for EBP, MAP, and BARO so it could use some or all (and maybe differentials between them). I guess if anyone would know it would be Mark K. You could always try it for kicks! Cheers!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patrick,
Mark K I’m thinking would have insight as to inputs for shift strategies. Think I’ll run some line and a T for fun to see if there is a different SotP response. The notion was to see what changes and perhaps reduce having to clean the EBP tube. Which I’ve not even looked at on the Tan truck and it is an auto (for now) AND the shifts could be crisper for sure.
j

1 - 3 of 3 Posts