Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to change an ipr out in a 97 7.3,i have done them in the superduty's but not an obs it looks like you have to pull the fuel bowl it there a way around this

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
yes you need to pull the bowl so you can get to it. might as well change the fuel lines while your there. :)

·
Terminator Nation
5,121 Posts
No, you don't. Very carefully unbolt and pull away the fuel pressure regulator from the cannister, don't want to damage the o-ring or the screen. This allows you to get your hand on the IPR. Use a box end wrench to remove the sheet metal nut holding the IPR solenoid on. Slide off the solenoid. Use box end wrench to remove the IPR and its out. Reverse for assembly.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
I think its easier to pull the fuel bowl than unbolting the FPR.

More room to work and you can replace the fuel lines while your at it

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
No, you don't. Very carefully unbolt and pull away the fuel pressure regulator from the cannister, don't want to damage the o-ring or the screen. This allows you to get your hand on the IPR. Use a box end wrench to remove the sheet metal nut holding the IPR solenoid on. Slide off the solenoid. Use box end wrench to remove the IPR and its out. Reverse for assembly.
:whs: It's easier to go this way, and faster too. Just keep a magnet handy while you do it

-Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts