Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sorry, SUV's AINT TRUCKS
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While gearing up for a short trip from SC to Va I changed the oil along with new fuel filters since my fuel pressure was holding at about 50ish at idle. With the new filters in pressure is back up in the 60 range and doesn't get below 50 at any time.

While on the trip I noticed a diesel fuel smell coming through the ac vents while at idle and brushed it off as being spilled fuel during the change out. After a day or so the smell still persisted and I found a small leak dripping from the front of the fuel bowl. I checked the filter cap and it is tight and is not leaking. It looks to be coming from the component bolted to the front of the bowl.

I have not been able to check the tightness of that component yet but it lools like it's gonna be a pain in the A$$.

Any Ideas or possible theorys on fixing this would be appreciatied.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you are talking about the plate with 4 star bolts holding it down on the side off the filter housing, then that is the front cover to the fuel filter housing.

Clean it off to confirm that it is coming from the cover and not the fuel filter cap.
If it is the front cover, you whould get the fuel regulator update kit.
ford # 3C3Z-9T517-AG
International # 1843065C98

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Sorry, SUV's AINT TRUCKS
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a fuel pressure regulator (Blue Spring) kit on ebay for $38 for shipping and all. Put it on this morning an fuel pressure up to about 68-70 psi. At WOT is was 62-64 psi. Glad I got that one done with no leaks anywhere.

Of Coarse when I fix some thing I usually break something else in the process. So this time I snapped the 3/8 barb fitting clean off aginst the radiator. Long story short I drilled and tapped a hole for a new brass fitting. So far I am leak free on fuel and coolant systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts