Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so does any one currantly have one and how do they like it ? I just order one this morning, just looking for good or bad comments on it. I can see where it would help with heat soak over the stock one for sure.

Dan

·
Registered
430 Posts
I agree^^^ They seem to make sense and i have heard good feedback, but for the price there is way more beneficial upgrades.

I have no personal experience with them though, for above stated reason.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I know could have gone to a moded HPOP for the same money, but thats something I,ll deal with later too. My thought was if I,m gonna have it off mise well upgrade to a better system.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
They help some but not enough you can tell, easy.
They look good. And dont leak.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh I know could have gone to a moded HPOP for the same money, but thats something I,ll deal with later too. My thought was if I,m gonna have it off mise well upgrade to a better system.
Thats a part that takes 5 minutes to remove and install.... To each their own, its your money and I hope you enjoy it. They are very good looking pieces.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
God is that all it takes, LOL. I,m not looking for a rocket here, the thing has PMR,s in it and so I,m kinda limited to Hp levels. For the time being its gonna be that way till I decide if I want to spend the cash on a rebuild and go to some stock forged rods. I have a source on a high mile 500,000 mile motor out of a 96 OBS tow truck, but I have other things I,m doing too besides the truck. I figured if they put them on a flow bench and got a measurable increase in flow over the stock one with cooler air temps it would be worth the coin. I think Monday I,ll bust out the thermo gun check temps and write it all down. Then when I get this thing on I,ll do it all over again just to see for my self if their claims are true or just BS. And lastly, it does look pretty cool, LOL. I,ll let you guys know what I come up with.

Dan

·
Registered
430 Posts
I wasnt trying to bust your balls just saying, I see your in Sylvania, if you need some forged rods let me know, I got 2 long blocks with them just sitting there for now. Ones a 95 with 301,000 miles and ones a 96 with 178,000 miles (the 96 was stock power its whole life).

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasnt trying to bust your balls just saying, I see your in Sylvania, if you need some forged rods let me know, I got 2 long blocks with them just sitting there for now. Ones a 95 with 301,000 miles and ones a 96 with 178,000 miles (the 96 was stock power its whole life).
No big deal, I use to build engines years ago, and one thing you learn is. Every little thing you do to make it run better or add power adds one by one. One mod by its self may not be a lot, but then throw in a couple more and it pays off with bigger gains. I dont think I need to tell you guys this though, the guys that have been at it for a long time know this I,m sure. I have a guy at the shop I try to explain this too , but he just doesnt get it, LOL. On the long blocks, that sounds cool. I,d like to have a long block so I can work on it over a long period of time. Theres a lot of things I,d like to do to the heads and block beside the rods. I,ll keep that in mind when I have some extra cash to spend.

Dan

·
Registered
430 Posts
sounds good man, I had a big plan for the one, but I wrecked the truck it was gunna go in and thats how i ended up with 2 LOL Hopefully one day I can build one to my likings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts