·
International Coal Roller
383 Posts
Pretty much all gas stations get their fuel from the same refinery in the area

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cenex is a big provider around here.. I'm having no luck getting responses from local stations...go figure.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Each station has to ask when they get there shipments in and none do. You would have to get it from the refinery. I have no idea how to do that. I have tried to get cetain ratings for years from fuel stations with little to no luck.

·
International Coal Roller
383 Posts
Here in Tampa the theoretical minimum rating is 42, and I believe the 7.3 was built for like a 48-50 rating which explains why my truck runs so.much better on a cetane booster

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have only heard of est cetane ratings from those selling the additives but it is my impression that the cetane rating of the diesel fuel that is commonly available is inadequate for the powerstrokes (both 7.3L and 6.0L) not to mention the lubricity. This is my first diesel but everyone has told me to use additives to get maximum life out of the fuel system so I started with Archoil but now I am using Diesel Kleen and my mechanic gave me a bottle of something he recommends I'll try next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts