Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my kids put a couple quarters on the sliding cup holder cover and then opened it. Now the quarters are inside :) I want a coffee and my money is inside the "truck vault", now how do I remove the plastic cup holder/ storage and get the money out of there so I can use my cup holder again?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I spilled a Large ice coffee...and 99% of it went inside the storage thingy...Yea its bad..does that come apart for cleaning? lol

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
There are a bunch of tabs that hold the bezel/cover on the seat back. Usually you end up breaking most of them off trying to get it off. Good Luck & Cheers!

·
ate lug
186 Posts
I have the 40/20 split bench as well. I pulled the cover off mine in order to rescue some lost change, and to clean it. To put it back together, i replaced the 2 rubber pieces with small screws. I realize this pic sucks, but it should give you a good idea of what i did, as it holds everything together nice & tight. Its just two regular stainless flathead screws in place of the rubber bumpers that are supposed to keep the cover in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the 40/20 split bench as well. I pulled the cover off mine in order to rescue some lost change, and to clean it. To put it back together, i replaced the 2 rubber pieces with small screws. I realize this pic sucks, but it should give you a good idea of what i did, as it holds everything together nice & tight. Its just two regular stainless flathead screws in place of the rubber bumpers that are supposed to keep the cover in place.
So that whole piece pulls off? What do the rubber piece do?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I believe i have read there is a specially made specific tool for doing this job.

·
ate lug
186 Posts
So that whole piece pulls off? What do the rubber piece do?
Mine were already broken, so the cover flopped around a bit. I just removed them, and replaced them with thhose small screws. I dont know what retains it in the back, but with those out you can lift the cover up a couple inches; more than enough to get whatever was lost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.