Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1997 F350 XLT crew cab 8ft bed 4x4 5spd
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 f350 7.3 with a 5 speed and when I start the truck the cel comes on and stays on but when I give the slightest bit of throttle input it goes away any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you able to check for stored codes?
I don't have my own tester but have tried both AutoZone and O'Riley's and neither of them would bring anything up. And thank you for the welcome this is my first experience with a 7.3 and I think I'm in love lol!

·
Administrator
382 Posts
Welcome to psn.
You need a diesel specific code reader. Most parts store scanners will not read diesel codes.
Invest in a obdlink mx adapter, then download torque pro app to your phone. This will let you read codes, and monitor a lot of things on your truck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What type phone, tablet, or pc do you have? Obdlink MX does not support IOS. For that you need obd link mx+.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Ya just got to get with this new fangled computer jargon. IOS, PC, OS, and all the rest of the acronyms. It is almost as bad as all the acronyms for these here diesel trucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What type phone, tablet, or pc do you have? Obdlink MX does not support IOS. For that you need obd link mx+.
I'm an Android user and definitely looking into getting one of those as soon as I can what kind of information will it show me?

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Leveled, 5” exhaust, ww38, 6637,
205 Posts
I meant apple computtator schtuff.
I love me some hot apple pie, or cold apple pie moonshine
Im unsure which has taken more off my life…iOS products (you know, techie stuff) or Punchy’s Apple Hammer.

I do, however, know which I enjoyed more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts