Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran the CCv in to the Exhaust??
I have mine running down and back , but actually Sinks...

I ordered from Jeggs a crank case evacuation kit.
It is a nipple and a check valve.

has any one had any secess??
Please let me know
Thanks
John

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
John I would play around with this topic with search a little before you start welding. There have definately been a few posts with negative results trying this.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
i just rerouted my CCV down into a catch can and then out just behind the cab.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I just ran mine out to the rear of the truck. adding a catch can as we speak after two years oil filny started dripping. out the end of the hose

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of hose have you used??

Actually were I am is that I just put a PSD in my 93 CC
I had it all built and have only a little over 100 miles so I dont think itt is broke in yet.
I ran a piece of heater hose down and back, about to the back of the transfer case and it just hangs there.
I seen posts about a catch can but I wanted to see what I would be catching....

There has been no Oil that I can see just smoke...
and stink....

Its kinda inbarrising , I am sitting at a light and I see a small haze go buy..

Should it be that smokey?? ir is it just because the Motor is not broke in??

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Diesel rated fuel line works.

As far as running the CCV into the exhaust, I cut it in after the muffler using the parts from the same Moroso kit. However, I did develop a really bad blowby problem after awhile. Don't know if it is related to the CCV setup or not. I did loop the hose over the power brake booster which may not be a good idea. The rubber in the anti-backfire valve does harden up after a while effectively sealing off the CCV. :( If you choose to do the exhaust setup, definitely don't use the valve, just use a hose nipple/NPT fitting instead.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diesel rated fuel line works.

As far as running the CCV into the exhaust, I cut it in after the muffler using the parts from the same Moroso kit. However, I did develop a really bad blowby problem after awhile. Don't know if it is related to the CCV setup or not. I did loop the hose over the power brake booster which may not be a good idea. The rubber in the anti-backfire valve does harden up after a while effectively sealing off the CCV. :( If you choose to do the exhaust setup, definitely don't use the valve, just use a hose nipple/NPT fitting instead.
I did a small piece of hoes than a 90* and down along the rail.
I did order the Nipple and check valve..
I am running Mufflerless....:evil
Thanks
John

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Here are A few photos of my new set-up mad a catch can and ran the hose out to the back.
Canister has steel wool in the bottom. then 1 scotch bright pad over it, then above the 90 deg fitting one more scotch bright just for because :)
I had just the hose on it for a couple of years before a started seeing any drops out back.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you geat a lot of vapor out of the end of the hose??
Do you get alot of condensation in the catch can??
Thanks
John

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I get some but I have 270.000 miles on her
I just put the can on so I do not know how much it will catch yet. there was not a lot of oil in the old hose after two years though.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i ran mine open for 2 years and decided to run mine into the exaust I did it with a one way check valve welded in after muffler in tailpipe angled to the back of exhaust. Brand new engine new everything and no blow by and in less than 2 weeks i had leaks everywhere and actually blew out the seals on my new terminator twin oil pump to a tune of 6 quarts in 100 miles. I have had a street/race car with a moroso system that scavenged the pcv into the headers and it worked great. I dont know what was wrong on the diesel system I had read where others had tried it with good and bad results from different people and thought I would do it. All I can say is Dont Do It. I think SUN posted the same info build a catch can under the truck and be done.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
i ran mine open for 2 years and decided to run mine into the exaust I did it with a one way check valve welded in after muffler in tailpipe angled to the back of exhaust. Brand new engine new everything and no blow by and in less than 2 weeks i had leaks everywhere and actually blew out the seals on my new terminator twin oil pump to a tune of 6 quarts in 100 miles. I have had a street/race car with a moroso system that scavenged the pcv into the headers and it worked great. I dont know what was wrong on the diesel system I had read where others had tried it with good and bad results from different people and thought I would do it. All I can say is Dont Do It. I think SUN posted the same info build a catch can under the truck and be done.
Your street/race car exhaust has pulses that why the header evac system works. A turbocharged exhaust system is "pressurized".

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well...
I built a catch can using 3" ABS like shown.(thanks Cratos)
Sorry I didnt take any pics.
I did the csame but I used SS scrubbers in the bottom.
We will see what happens..
I put it on last night but havent been able to test it..

As far as Leaks I have one NOW..
I cant figure it out ..
It is comming down the Left heat and running along the seam between the Trand and Motor.
I have tried to see and cant find were it is comming from..
Al new Valve cover gaskets , Turbo O rings ect..
The vally is dry.

I am thinking Pedestal O rings???
I put all new ones it above and below....
Does anyone know if there is a extra thick set??

Thanks
John

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Mine is in the exhaust and I have not had any issues except for this slight haze at idle. I am thinking about redoing and building another catch can like I had awhile back on my first truck .

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
check the o-rings at the CCV on the valve cover I bet its there when you take it off the o-rings are funky to get back right, inless you put new ones on.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
On the exhaust thing you have to have it at the right angle (45 deg with 45 deg cut) so the exhaust flows past it to scavenge the vent line.( read someplace)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
check the o-rings at the CCV on the valve cover I bet its there when you take it off the o-rings are funky to get back right, inless you put new ones on.
I did but new ones in..
And I was hoping that it was them, But it isnt looking like it...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well...
I put a few miles on the truck with the catch can,
Now it seams that I have some blowby cumming out of the dipstick.

I noticed some oil running down the dip stick tube and from underneath I can actually see smoke comming out...

Would that be normal???
I dont rember seeing it before..
The motor only has a few hundred miles since rebuild..
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thnaks
John

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Where did you vent it?

When I built mine out of 3" PVC, I routed it back into the intake (stock location).

I reversed the breather on the valve cover, hose goes over the brake booster, down to the CCV canister and back into the intake. The CCV canister is stuff with stainless scourring pads.

I don't have a pic of the CCV canister. The hose ends the bottom and another hose leaves from the top. If you really need a pic, I take one.

Billy T.
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts