Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok looking for some input. I've been running a straight 1'' CCV blow down for about a year. Dumps back by the Transfer case, works great, a little stinky when the wind blows just right and it marks it's territory...lol

As is I have the FS 2500 on the drivers frame rail and will soon be adding an Airdog and don't really want to add a catch can down on the frame also.

I'm thinking of relocating Batts to the same side to free up some room. Got some good ideas from Stroker67 kit, Thanks, just trying to make room under the hood of a 6.0 Any Ideas? Or just leave it the way it is?

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
You can leave it how it is, or if you want to make a catch can and possibly mount it on the inside of the frame rail instead of the outside that would work. Glad my thread helped you out though!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put it in the exhaust...;)
I don't think so.

But will be coming up with a under hood setup similar to BD's kit featured in DP for the 7.3 Just have to make some roomLOL

·
Registered
475 Posts
If I had to do it over again I would run mine into the exhaust just because I have oil all under the bottom of my truck. Granted I know thats a lot of blowby that shouldn't be happening but If I were to do it again like I will be soon I will be putting it in the exhaust.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
There's been some interesting points regarding the pressure in the exhaust backing the ccv up. Theoretically I would agree that a properly mounted bung should help pull the fumes out. However, there are a lot of people who say putting it to exhaust is no good.

A thread I started a while back: CCV Mod to Exhaust? - Powerstroke Nation

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally Posted by guzzle View Post
There have been a few people test the theory of the nipple cut at a 45 and welded into the exhaust, that supposedly creates a 'venturi' action and pull the CCV gases into the exhaust.

By using sensitive water manometer gauges connected to the crankcase via the oil fill tube, all seems well at an idle in the driveway. Once you get on the highway and put a load on the engine with some RPMs, the crankcase pressures begin to increase indicating that the exhaust is actually pressurizing the crankcase, no venturi action whatsoever.

Excessive crankcase pressures can blow seals, and at the very least, cause them to leak until the pressures are eliminated.

So has anyone been successful routing into the exhaust?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally Posted by guzzle View Post
There have been a few people test the theory of the nipple cut at a 45 and welded into the exhaust, that supposedly creates a 'venturi' action and pull the CCV gases into the exhaust.

By using sensitive water manometer gauges connected to the crankcase via the oil fill tube, all seems well at an idle in the driveway. Once you get on the highway and put a load on the engine with some RPMs, the crankcase pressures begin to increase indicating that the exhaust is actually pressurizing the crankcase, no venturi action whatsoever.

Excessive crankcase pressures can blow seals, and at the very least, cause them to leak until the pressures are eliminated.

So has anyone been successful routing into the exhaust?
That post is total BS. OF course the crank case had pressure under load at RPM :doh: it's called crank case pressure. If he had measured it with the tube vented to air vs. in the exhaust and it was higher in the exhaust, than okay, in the exhaust doesn't work AS WELL. But just to say there is pressure in the case at rpm under load is sort of a no #### sherlock kinda thing. BTW if done properly there is NO WAY EVER that exhaust pressure could end up in the crank case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts