Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to reduce or eliminate the oil consumption threw the factory CCV but keep it a sealed system. Has anyone tried cutting the vacuum pipe inside the intake tube flush? I would think this would reduce the vacuum on the crank case and should reduce the amount of vapor pulled into the intake. I have had a few diesels and always vented them to atmosphere, I never had a drop of oil come out of any of vent hoses. I cant stand the smell of the new oils and want to try and retain the closed loop, I have a muffler so I cant run it into the exhaust. Am I way off thought here?

·
Administrator
8,237 Posts

·
Administrator
8,237 Posts
@Zmann uses a different one. He will stop by and tell you.

·
sooty
409 Posts
I would like to reduce or eliminate the oil consumption threw the factory CCV but keep it a sealed system. Has anyone tried cutting the vacuum pipe inside the intake tube flush? I would think this would reduce the vacuum on the crank case and should reduce the amount of vapor pulled into the intake. I have had a few diesels and always vented them to atmosphere, I never had a drop of oil come out of any of vent hoses. I cant stand the smell of the new oils and want to try and retain the closed loop, I have a muffler so I cant run it into the exhaust. Am I way off thought here?
Don't cut it off flush, that will have the same affect as pinching the hose off completely with vise grips.

Why can't you plumb it into the exhaust before the muffler? I have don't it that way since 2010 on multiple diesels and never had an issue. On trucks with catalytic converters I go just downstream of them with a proper venturi fitting

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was way off base with this idea, thought the chimney was facing backwards creating a vacuum. Just looked and see its facing the incoming air stream. I have never tested but figured exhaust back pressure would be too high before a muffler. Might make my own CCV filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts