Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys one of my buddies bought this breather kit off of ebay and now im buying one too this thing is nice. i was going to buy one from one of my local diesel performance shops but they wanted like 300 bucks and it didnt seem as nice as this one. just figured id share it with you guys. we put my buddys on his truck last weekend and it was really easy the kit had brackets and everything we needed. sure beats paying 300 bucks for one too.

heres the ebay link

2003-2007 Ford F250-350 6.0L Diesel Breather CCV Mod : eBay Motors (item 270547752221 end time Mar-22-10 17:41:58 PDT)

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
That's like a $50 catch can and $10 worth of hose...

JAZ 1-Quart Breather Tanks - JEGS
Sometimes people just don't know whats out there in the aftermarket world. Chumps are selling those kits on ebay and making easy $$$ from people that don't know. There are a lot of things that can be done way easier and cheaper if the person just knew where to look and what to look for. Similar to a $400 intake and a 6637 intake, 6637 is better and way cheaper.

And for the OP..... If your looking into a ccv, IMO it doesn't have to be flashy, just functional. Try checking out Guzzles mod page and see if his ccv mod is something you'd be interested in. I did it and am very pleased with the results.
http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/mods.php

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Thats a nice looking kit, but as sinner said you couldve made that. I made one for my 6.0, just didnt make the little filter on the top. Heres a link to the thread where i made my own CCV relocation kit, catch can included.

How to Build a CCV Catch Can - Powerstroke Nation

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this mod on my '06, but once the CCV has been rerouted, what have you guys done with the hole in the intake tube, what works good for plugging it? I didn't see any mention of this in either of the "how to" links.

·
Heath
441 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this mod on my '06, but once the CCV has been rerouted, what have you guys done with the hole in the intake tube, what works good for plugging it? I didn't see any mention of this in either of the "how to" links.
I used a wine cork and some rtv:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
I used a rubber cork from the hardware store with some JB weld

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts

·
< YOU WISH...
775 Posts
I honestly think this is the wrong way to delete the CCV anyway. A good inline filter is the proper way to do it. The crankcase needs vacuum to keep the integrity of the seals and it also helps with the sealing of the piston rings. Using a Racor filter and plumbing it back into the intake is the way to go. These engines produce a good amount of blowby and it will force oil past the seals on a new engine.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I honestly think this is the wrong way to delete the CCV anyway. A good inline filter is the proper way to do it. The crankcase needs vacuum to keep the integrity of the seals and it also helps with the sealing of the piston rings. Using a Racor filter and plumbing it back into the intake is the way to go. These engines produce a good amount of blowby and it will force oil past the seals on a new engine.
This is true. I wonder what a good vacuum pump and some gas ports in the pistons would do for it as well...

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
I ran fuel grade hose from the crank case vent to my exhaust with a bung welded in it. It works pretty good and I went with a new boot for the turbo, a later 7.3L turbo boot. I think it was off an 02'.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dumb question maybe but what's the best thing to clean the boots after you do a CCV mod to get the oil off?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts