Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall

so i got my new antenna set up for the ******* internet connection.... and wada you know... driving down the road to get some distance to test it out... key up the mike and the truck f###n SHUTS OFF!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

key the mike, cuts out. let off fires back up

:doh:

keep that coax cable away from the ecm... especially after the guy at the cb shop said he spent extra time molesting the guts out of my uniden

anyone else ever have that happen?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I read somewhere its something to do with your F5...but I'm sorry I can't remember what.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Never had that happen but I can talk over the am/fm pretty good sometimes. :D

·
RightWingNut
392 Posts
Stating the obvious........you have stray RF.

It can be a loose connection, nick in the coax or improperly adjusted antenna causing high SWR's.

Take it to a shop and for a minimal amount they can fix it.

Tbar

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It can be a loose connection, nick in the coax or improperly adjusted antenna causing high SWR's.

Tbar
i had to use a 3 foot piece of cable to get just that little extra length, the connector was under the dash, under the computer... :poke:

still having a slight issue with the coax connector at the antenna.. cant get the match lower then a 1.4

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts

Tbar
:whs: Your coax is bleeding!

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Sounds like you need a good hunk of coax.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my problem was the connector, to connect the 2 pieces of coax together was right under the computer, along with a few extra feet of wire.... my dumb ass zip tied it down...

re routed the wire, out of the cab via the passengers side, and have had no problems since, well when i cut the ziptie and moved the connector away from the ecm i had to problems, so i just re routed it.

and the coax cable.... Radio shack premium... pos cable... the end nipples are not long enough to fully contact where they need to be:mad: but the fix for that.. few drops of solder on the very end.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
my dads friend cb can light a fluorescent 2 foot light, started to make me wonder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts