Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built me some cattle scales to weigh my calves the other day. I bought the load cells off ebay and built the pen. Still have to paint it. I really hated to use it before painting it, but I had some meat calves that had to go to the slaughter house. I am going to put a removable axle under and a removable tongue next.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Damm,that looks really nice,we could use something like that also.Are you going to plug the ends of that square tubing?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Nice!
Are you just trying to get on-the-hoof weight vs. hanging weight?

Just curious to why your weighing them.

Very nice though.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Great way to control the yield, more ranchers should do the same.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!
Are you just trying to get on-the-hoof weight vs. hanging weight?

Just curious to why your weighing them.

Very nice though.
Yes, doing the comparison between hoof vs. hanging for people buying calves for meat and its nice to get a daily gain on some of my calves to see how they are growing out. I like to get a 6month average for daily weight gains.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damm,that looks really nice,we could use something like that also.Are you going to plug the ends of that square tubing?
I have some of the plastic inserts to go in the ends of the tubing. I just silicon the plastic and put them in.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
I have some of the plastic inserts to go in the ends of the tubing. I just silicon the plastic and put them in.
Very nice,hoss.

·
Registered
128 Posts
how much do you have in it, ive been thinking about making one myself for awhile but never get around for looking for the parts. how much can it handle im trying to get one thats at least 2000 lbs

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
how much do you have in it, ive been thinking about making one myself for awhile but never get around for looking for the parts. how much can it handle im trying to get one thats at least 2000 lbs
:whs: If you don't mind?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The load cells for 5000lbs off ebay with shipping was $500.00 and the steel was $360.00.

·
Registered
128 Posts
thanks i was thinking about taking apart an old feed cart we have that we steal parts for our new cart when it breaks i could just take the wiegh bars off of it

·
Registered
80 Posts
how much do you have in it excluding the metal?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts