Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys a have an 06 350 wanna do muffler and cat delete .. Will it a cel?

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Nope

·
1,549 Posts
I would delete the cat all together and go turbo back straight piped or at least a straight through muffler. If you decide to resell or where you live decides to start testing emissions you can get replacement CATs that are your size piping whether it is 4in or 5in that you could stick back in if needed. Yes it may cost more but who cares about a couple hundred you might have to spend when you have the benefits of it not being there now. JMO. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I def plan on keeping them in my garage in case I wanted to sell ever.. I was reading doing the a full turbo back doesn't give u that mich more than if u just delete cat and muffler. Seem accurate? I know stock is 3.5" so I can imagine 4" straigt pipe helps but idk.. What do you guys think?

·
1,549 Posts
Yea it probably wont have much of a performance impact. I didnt know what I know now when I did mine. I knew I wanted to delete my cat so I did a turbo back exhaust. The main reason I would try to not do it is so I wouldnt have to mess with the down pipe because it is a pain to get in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts