Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SilverBullet06
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any thoughts on leaving the stock 3.5" exhaust tubing but adding a cat delete pipe and aero turbine muffler? Aero turbine any good? With or without resonator? Better to just buy turbo back 4" system with cat delete? Thanks for the help.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts on leaving the stock 3.5" exhaust tubing but adding a cat delete pipe and aero turbine muffler? Aero turbine any good? With or without resonator? Better to just buy turbo back 4" system with cat delete? Thanks for the help.
is it necessary to have a muffler? i think they are overpriced, theres a few guys around here that have them but i've always just stuck with a straight pipe turbo back, its just cheaper

·
SilverBullet06
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of that too, but I do not want it to be annoying loud. A little louder than stock is cool, but I don't want shatter glass. I do not know how much louder it would be without muffler. Anyone?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
I have heard of that too, but I do not want it to be annoying loud. A little louder than stock is cool, but I don't want shatter glass. I do not know how much louder it would be without muffler. Anyone?
the aero turbine is about 18" long roughly and straight through, it just adds a strange noise to a straight pipe, if u dont rod on your pickup like a race car the straight pipe isnt that loud

·
reluctant ford fan
127 Posts
Guess it all depends on your taste/tolerance for noise. My X has a 4" Banks cat-back system with (I believe) a Flomaster muffler. Without the cat, it bellows pretty bad when you're on the loud pedal with an agressive tune (X-street), kind of annoying IMO. With the cat in place, I like it much better, still sounds agressive but not obnoxious. YRMV!

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts