Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With just a leveling kit and stock tires how much are guys spacing down the carrier bearing?

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
tires have no effect .. and with just a level kit you may not need any

do you have any vibration issues?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Call Jason at newton lifts and see what size carrier spacer they use with the 2.5 inch kit

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some manufacturers recommend 1/4" spacer for every inch of lift, but i've seen others post only 1/8" spacer for every inch of lift. I would think unless you've lifted the rear of the truck you don't need any bearing spacers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If your not lifting the rear of the truck. You don't need any. Going from the f-250 block to a f-350 block. I had to add 1/2" to stop the vibrations.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tires have no effect .. and with just a level kit you may not need any

do you have any vibration issues?
I have the 2.5" lift in the front and 4" rear blocks. From a dead stop I have a vibration from 3 mph to about 7mph and then it goes away. Light on the gas, I'm on my 3 spacer and I have had no luck. I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have an f350 and went from a stock block to a 5" block, which is less that an inch and a half of lift and I have no spacer with no vibration, about 16000 since the lift

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the 2.5" lift in the front and 4" rear blocks. From a dead stop I have a vibration from 3 mph to about 7mph and then it goes away. Light on the gas, I'm on my 3 spacer and I have had no luck. I'm at a loss.
That is from axle wrap. Unless you are just way off. Look into traction bars. If you have vibration at speed under no load, the carrier bearing is not spaced right.

Did you replace your block with the correct one? Some are flat, some are tapered. The wrong one will put the pinion angle off by about 5-6*

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is from axle wrap. Unless you are just way off. Look into traction bars. If you have vibration at speed under no load, the carrier bearing is not spaced right.

Did you replace your block with the correct one? Some are flat, some are tapered. The wrong one will put the pinion angle off by about 5-6*
Axle warp at that low of speed and taken it easy on the gas pedal? I have the Ready-lift rear blocks. Their in the right way and they fit 99-2010, I think I'm good their.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Axle warp at that low of speed and taken it easy on the gas pedal? I have the Ready-lift rear blocks. Their in the right way and they fit 99-2010, I think I'm good their.
You may want to check your blocks, and the ones that came out of your truck. Make sure if you had tapered blocks before, you still do, and if you had flat blocks, you still have flat blocks. Readylift sent me the wrongs ones for my truck after me specifying that I needed the flat ones. When they came in, I had one of my guys put them in. I never looked at them. Barley made it out of my driveway and I knew something was wrong. They sent me the tapered blocks and the pinion angle was way high.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought the ready lift 66-2094 have not put them in yet but was told that was the kit to buy if i didnt have the camper package are these correct I have an 08 250

1 - 13 of 13 Posts