Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
You're mom says hi.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best process for carpet cleaning? I removed it from the truck so every option is doable! Let me know, dry cleaning, steam cleaning, power washing, anything. Thanks Allen.

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
Power wash it then let it hang up til it dries. Worked great on my company work truck.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Simple green or similar product, and power wash the hell out of it. Works every time.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
i used to be a carpet clear. take it to a well known carpet cleaner such as stanley steemer or someone and drop it off to them. they have solvents and special cleaning items they can use to remove a lot of stuff you wouldnt think will come out. i think you would be surprised as long as they put in a little effort on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is some tips to clean the carpet vacuum, hot water cleaning, dry wash etc., According to my view, take it to a best carpet cleaning service, I found one of the best seattle carpet cleaning service with the latest carpet cleaning equipment for reasonable price of well done job.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm 20 and my dad has owned a carpet cleaning business ever since I was born (makes it nice cleaning your carpets once a month :blah:) But all I can say is please please please don't use those so called carpet cleaning machines at car washes or those carpet cleaning in a can... It makes them worse and if they do make it look better, It will be for only a short time then It will be worse.... Tried to break an old girlfriend of using that stuff and it was hard!

·
Registered
162 Posts
^^^ so what do u use??? all i got was what not to use, no advice on what to use?

i used tuff stuff... another guy used some home carpet cleaner in a can and said it worked better then the tuff stuff.

BEFORE

AFTER, and installed catch all floormatts at the sametime

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
How much time did you have pulling the seats and reinstalling them?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Only takes 30min... maybe to take them out and reinstall total time.... its onlt 4 bolts per seat, and the jump seat shares bolts. Just remembered to disconnect the electric plug b4 u yank the seat out

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I was gonna throw the carpet in the trash it was so greased up, but I figured what did I have to loose.

I used purple power and my heated power washer.
It came out like NEW. Anyone that saw my carpet before and after cant believe it came up.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Air dryin is all it takes before reinstalling.

I use simple green. I spray the carpet down and pressure wash the heck out of it. Takes about 45 minute and it will look good as new.

This also works if you have nice area rugs in the house that have gotten stained. Put them in the driveway and go to town!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts