Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Portable Park-N-Lot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This photo is of a Ford LTD that my Daddy drove right off the head ramp and over the hood of this KW, at the Dallas Auto Auction. I think this was taken in the early 70's.

He found it today and was showing it to me for the first time in a long time. I thought it had been lost.

He said a wrecker picked up the tail end of the car and he backed the truck out of the way and the wrecker lowered it to the ground.

The only damage to the car was a marker light in the bumper. Talk about Ford tough!

·
Registered
94 Posts
thats a cool picture to have for sure. wonder if he #### his pants when he seen the bottom of a car through the windshield.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thats awesome, Try that in anything built in the past ten years...

·
Registered
359 Posts
they dont build like they used to, that car prob weighs as much as my truck LOL

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I used to drive a 1983 lincoln Continental with the fuel injected 302 in it back in high school (1999-2002) and that thing was a tank. I backed into a cement base of a large light pole in a tractor supply parking lot with it once at about 10mph, which is pretty hard when you do a dead stop. There wasn't a single thing bent on it. The rear bumper held up great. There was a plastic strip in the middle of the bumper that was for looks and that had a slight slight mark in it, and that was it. I loved that car. To this day my uncle owns it and it only has 53k original miles on it.

That is an awesome picture you have. Those cars were definitely built! I wonder what year that car was? Might have had the 460 in it!

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
nice picture...I almost did that the other day with a blazer......got to the top of the upper deck and blew a brake line as i was nearing the end of the trailer.....talk about heart failure....

·
Portable Park-N-Lot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was pointed out to me by a friend that the car was actually a Ford Grenada, which was made in the US from '75 to '82.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very cool picture to have for sure. I watched a guy go backwards off the front of a new Pete with a taurus. Destroyed the car, crushed the hood & broke his neck when he hit the ground. Happened 10 feet from me. Scary stuff. Looks like a new ride in the avatar????? High Mount?

·
Portable Park-N-Lot
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope Scott, not a new truck. That is a 1989 that my Dad ordered new along with 2 other 89's in 1989. I no longer have a single truck on the road. Just Daddy and me brokering now.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Nope Scott, not a new truck. That is a 1989 that my Dad ordered new along with 2 other 89's in 1989. I no longer have a single truck on the road. Just Daddy and me brokering now.
I can see why being out here why nobody would be on the road these days ........ alot has changed since I sold my truck in 08 ,I am done with trucking soon !

Nice mobile parking lot in your avi.

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
wow thats awesome! wouldnt be anything left of todays pos cars!
if you did that with one of todays cars the motor would be sitting in the cab with you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts