Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a cover for my truck. It is a crew cab short bed. Where can I find one?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Have you tried anything like a local canvas shop that does stuff like boat, grille, or motorcycle covers? :shrug:

Just a thought since I know of one just up the road from me, and haven't really seen one before.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There has to be a company out there that has them on the shelf.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets tired of washing my truck every weekend. My superduty is not my daily driver, it is my weekend cruiser/ tow rig. It has no roof over its head and the tree in my driveway likes to leave crap all over it (sap & leaves). I'm not even going to mention the bird sh1t. It won't fit in my garage and its black so it shows everything.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is a good cover, one that ties around the bottom of the truck, how does anything get blown up into it? Isn't the point of a cover to protect from the elements? I would think that a cover would do more to protect your paint than damage it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a california car cover for my 03 ex cab short bed, they have a few different type of cover just tell them what you want and they will make it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Covercraft Vehicle Protection Products makes great covers. You tell them the details of your truck and they make it. Even down to paddle or tow mirrors. If you ever plan on getting tow mirrors, order it that way at the outset as the paddle mirror pockets are too small to fit the tow mirrors.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If it is a good cover, one that ties around the bottom of the truck, how does anything get blown up into it? Isn't the point of a cover to protect from the elements? I would think that a cover would do more to protect your paint than damage it.
I am in the same boat as you and currently working on one so give me a couple of days and I shall tell you what I found if it is worth it. I think its priced around 300 though. Hell of alot cheaper than a paint job. I am in the deep south and my truck sits about 15 days at a time in the 100 degree sun. It's silver and birds love it, I have spent about 100 just on bird shot for the ole mossberg.........lol

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in the same boat as you and currently working on one so give me a couple of days and I shall tell you what I found if it is worth it. I think its priced around 300 though. Hell of alot cheaper than a paint job. I am in the deep south and my truck sits about 15 days at a time in the 100 degree sun. It's silver and birds love it, I have spent about 100 just on bird shot for the ole mossberg.........lol
Great, let me know what you find. I am willing to spend a little to get a good cover. My truck also sits in the sun a lot and I probably don't wax my truck as often as I should. I'm planning on keeping the old girl a while as it only has 70,000 miles on it, and its been paid off for a few years now (not bad for a 10 year old truck). I just don't want the nice black paint to turn to crap because I'm too lazy to take care of it. It would be nice to detail it once or twice a year, keep it under a cover, and have it look like new. Someday, it will have a place in a nice pole barn when not in use, but its not going to be tonight.

I'm not home enough during daylight hours to let my Remington have a little fun keeping my truck clean.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a california car cover for my 03 ex cab short bed, they have a few different type of cover just tell them what you want and they will make it.
Who exactly do I tell it to?

Covercraft Vehicle Protection Products makes great covers. You tell them the details of your truck and they make it. Even down to paddle or tow mirrors. If you ever plan on getting tow mirrors, order it that way at the outset as the paddle mirror pockets are too small to fit the tow mirrors.

Thanks, I will check them out. I have tow mirrors now so I'm set there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts