Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found the plug to connect the code reader underneath the dash, but it will not communicate. I have checked the fuse and it's good. Had the guy at parts store try theirs with the same results. I'm stuck! Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,089 Posts
I finally found the plug to connect the code reader underneath the dash, but it will not communicate. I have checked the fuse and it's good. Had the guy at parts store try theirs with the same results. I'm stuck! Any ideas??

What reader are u trying to use there are many out there that wont talk to the obs truck espically the 94 and 95s my shops snapon doesnt like to talk to it I got a usb cable and forscan on my laptop and it talks great to my truck.

Sent from my Super awesome outdated Samsung that doesn't burst into flames using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy at the store used a reader that he said talks to both types. I know the plug is different than the regular OB1. I bought a reader that used that plug and had to take it back. This one is located underneath the dash under the glove box.

·
Native Texan
9,089 Posts
Yeah its an obd2 plug but the computer is not obd2. Most of the cheap readers like the parts store will not talk to them.

This is what i got to use with my laptop.

Sent from my Super awesome outdated Samsung that doesn't burst into flames using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
There are not very many coder readers that you can purchase from a parts store that will read the codes on these trucks. You need a code reader that will read Fords propriety codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the brand we tried today was a Bosh from O'Reilly's.

·
Native Texan
9,089 Posts
Nope wont work.

There have been several threads on here anout people fighting to talk to these trucks. I know they make different types of adaptors that will would work wireless and wired ones.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Here is a thread to read about using your phone, but you would need to purchase a blue tooth adapter for your truck.

I am using Forscan and the cable that masakimm linked to. It is a free program that you can run on a laptop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I ordered the USB adapter and down loaded the software. I will try again when the USB adapter gets here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make sure your computer has been flashed to talk thru that port. Not sure on the 95 but my 94 came with both style connections. It doesn't actually use the obd2 under the glove box until the computer tells it too. Mine has a sticker next to the drivers side hood hinge where the obd1 plugs are that states it was flashed to whatever eecv version in 1998 and which tech did it. My snap on red brick talks to it no problem.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts