Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys new to the forum but long time follower. I just sold my 06 f-350 cc/sb and looking to buy a new truck. My question is how much faster and what the weight diff. is between a reg. cab, a supercab and a crew cab. really like a crew cab but like going fast to. Probably want to stay with a 6.4 but also might consider a 6.7 depeding on how much faster there going to be. Going to buy one pretty soon so thanks for ay input.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I wish I had a a SC/SB instead of the CC/SB. The room in the CC is nice, but I to like to go fast and I never have anyone in the back seat. The RC/LB would be nice for a dedicated race truck, but you gotta think about how little room you have in it if your drive it all the time. A SC/SB is going to be quicker than a CC/SB for sure, but nothing like a RC/LB I wouldn't think.

AND, Welcome to the Nation! Your going to meet a lot of great people here!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and quick response what would be a good estimate on the time diff. between the 3 cabs on the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
That I can't answer for ya. I am sure someone knows the weight differences and could go by that, but I don't know them off the top of my head. Usually about every 100 lbs will shave a 1/10th or so off the 1/4 mile time.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and quick response what would be a good estimate on the time diff. between the 3 cabs on the 1/4 mile.
reg cab- 12.2-4 @ 108-9
ec/sb- 12.5-7 @ 106-7
cc/sb- 12.7-9 @ 103-5

these #'s will vary but probaly a pretty safe guess.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I really like my regular cab. Its great never getting volunteered to drive everyone around, but there has been times when I wish I would have gotten an extended cab.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
I really like my regular cab. Its great never getting volunteered to drive everyone around, but there has been times when I wish I would have gotten an extended cab.
I agree with that, its nice to not have to drive at times. lol

These new regular cabs have way more room than they used to. My 86 regular sucks to have 3 people in but this one its very comfortable to have 3 people on the seat even for multiple hour trips.

But there are still times when I wish I had a crew cab, but Ive always liked regular cabs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts