Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really stuck......i cant decide between going with an Icon 4.5'' running 20' with 35's or goin with the 7'' and running 37's on 20's

Jease im ready to order my parts and im having a hard time with this.....im having a bad feelin the 4.5 and 35's is just not going to be tall enough for me.

This is going on a black 05 CC shortbox..... Black wheels which will be eather Teflon mojaves or BMF's 20'' variety running Toyo Open country MT's

I really like the Icon 7'' with 20's on 37's ....but my last experiance with 37's on my 2000 7.3 CC long box was not so great for a daily driver..Ex lots of highway driving, I guess i never did regear it to 4.10's or 4.30....It was a PIG

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
keep in mind too...you can always add the 1" TEI spacer up front like I am:

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
7" and 37's, you'll wish you had gone bigger if you get the 4.5

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
heres a side view of the 5.5" front and 6" rear

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the stance of your truck TXfireman.........you are running 5'' icon plushride rear springs right?..... what rear springs are included in the Icon 4.5 kit? or do they just include rear blocks?.... Fuel milleage is not a factor to me... Lol ..so im really thinking of going 7'' and 37's

not sure how to the 6.0L will act with the 37' and stock 3.73 gears....I have my SCT with erics tunes.... but i still think there is no substitute re gearing..

Like i said my old 2000 7.3 with 37's and 110 hp tune was still always in and out of OD on the highway going up hills... It really needed some 4.10's or 4.30's

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So true BmacD............ the grass is always greener on the other side... always want taller eh;)

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
The ICON 4.5" w/TEI rides MUCH better than the 4.5" alone. I think it has to do with the shock travel. For the rear I used OUO 6" Lift Blocks with their traction bars and the truck rides GREAT!! Next suspension upgrade will be replacing the front stock arms.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Here is a guy I know over by Houston that has the 7" with 37's on 22's:

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
i would stick with the 35" on a 20

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the pics guys........yeah TXfireman those pics of that harley pretty much made up my mind about the 7'' ....:evil

I guess the 7'' wouldent look to bad even in the winter time here rollin around on some 35'' all terrians ....mudterrians dont cut it up here in he winter

·
Registered
289 Posts
if you are debating going big, just go big.... if you get the 4.5" you will wish you did the 7" later... just buy the 7" and run 37's on 20's and be happy with the truck

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
I had a 8" on 37s on my 350 and 4" on 35s now, and I MUCH prefer the 4" on the 35s, way easier as a daily, looks great and rides better

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind...Superduties are bigger than they look in the pictures. Thats one thing I learned when I was trying to decide. So try to find some trucks you can look at in person.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Im really stuck......i cant decide between going with an Icon 4.5'' running 20' with 35's or goin with the 7'' and running 37's on 20's

Jease im ready to order my parts and im having a hard time with this.....im having a bad feelin the 4.5 and 35's is just not going to be tall enough for me.

This is going on a black 05 CC shortbox..... Black wheels which will be eather Teflon mojaves or BMF's 20'' variety running Toyo Open country MT's

I really like the Icon 7'' with 20's on 37's ....but my last experiance with 37's on my 2000 7.3 CC long box was not so great for a daily driver..Ex lots of highway driving, I guess i never did regear it to 4.10's or 4.30....It was a PIG

What do you guys think?

Here is mine,...Icon 4.5" lift, 20 x 10 Mojave teflons, Cut-outs, and 41" Iroks

·
Registered
88 Posts
heres a icon 7-9 inch coilover with rize 4 link and 37's, i have suspension set at appx 6.5 lift..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts