Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you snake your factory coldside pipe out and get the aftermarket in without loosening the radiator? I got mine in the mail and just glanced at it...it looks awfully tight i thought...any tips or tricks?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Yes u can i did it with mine. it takes some moving around but it will come out. i put a notch in the core support where the pinch weld is and it came right out. it is possible.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Thats wat my thought was. I have everything in one piece that i took off of mine. Good luck man. Its not a 1 hr job to get it out in one piece. It took me about 2hrs to get it out and the new one in.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I snaked it thru without unbolting or loosing the radiator. but i did chop a part of the pinchweld off but u will need to that anyway. to clear the new pipe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got mine out in one piece abour 2hrs and losing the intercooler mount and rad. supports and used a die grinder with a deburing bit to grind the support. Then touched up the paint (black) and installed. I was really easy once you get it done.

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
remove the bracket for the rad support on the passenger side of the rad, there 2 small bolts. Remove the top rad support bolts above the passenger side headlight. Pry up on the support alittle bit and the old pipe slides out no prob. Trim the support to clear the new pipe and slide the new pipe in same as the old one. Watch the ac line as it touches on some trucks and will rub thru if it does. I have installed about 7 of these, first few with the boys at dirty diesel on the race trucks. Shouldn't take more than a hour tops. Cheers guys, hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.