Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post your pics and stories of crazyst and strangest problems you have seen happen on a 6.4l in your shop.

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
No problems so far with my truck. Not a single trip to the dealer for service. My truck is running like a champ. I do my own oil/filter changes and fuel filter (every 200hrs) That's all.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
y dont we make this thread for all diesels instead of just 6.4?

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i work in the service dept. and all we get is 6.4ls i figured there would be a lot of crazy stories but every body on this site takes care of their trucks un like our customers at my work.

im putting back togather a 08 F450 that has a second engine in it since July of 09

water in the fuel blew up the HP pump and rusted the top of the cyl walls and rusted the tops of the valves

so there was no compression when i ran my test.

iv got to install the turbos monday hopefully it will run like a champ and leave.

but consedering the custome didnt bye new fuel rails and injectors .
i dot think it will leave but i wont now till monday afternoon.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
well, im not a tech...but not too long ago when i got my truck back. not only did they not fix the problem but they left some stuff unplugged and sent me on my way before clearing dtc's.
took it back after it started again, less then 200 miles, and they fixed it but still didnt clear codes and it seemed like he ran the truck hot since it puked.

edit: i cleared all codes through my tuner

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I've taken the cab off of one in my shop at least once a week for over a month.
Well, you oughta be really good at it now, huh? Look at it this way, you probably work at flat book rates right? If you do something often enough, your hourly rate increases greatly I imagine!
Since you can do it quicker than the books say! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts