Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilding my wife's '97 E4OD. Got a Sonnax zip kit, but as I went to put the parts in the valve body, I noticed extra springs and two holes drilled at the line pressure modulator valve...apparently the previous owner had put a transgo kit in. Will the parts from these two kits work together, or should I leave out the Sonnax valve body parts?

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Yes you can use them together
However I would really prefer to see you use the Sonnax stuff and stick with their instructions/mods
We have had excellent luck with Sonnax performance rebuilds inside our auto transmissions.

Valve body mods can often be a home brew of different parts from diff suppliers. Sonnax makes quality stuff and the suggested mods made to our valve bodies have worked wonders. I ran into something similar on my last 4r70w rebuild. I had a transgo shift improver kit and the sonnax rebuild stuff...I ended up ditching the transgo stuff as my buddy and I built the valve body together. He is a transmission guru and as we dug into it he educated me on why to choose the sonnax zip kit and rebuild bits over the transgo.....I think we did use one spring from the transgo kit. The end result is what your after, no matter who's parts get you there. We jsut happen to refer sonnax in our Ford auto's and with great results!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts