Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 3 injectors on the pass side allowing air to pass horrible during ICP leak test. I pulled the rail and put in Alliant Nipple cup seals. No help. I pulled the rail again and put in new Alliant seals on all 4 injectors top O rings that the nipple cup plugs into. Same result. Of course with the rail on you cannot see much but I cant see how they could be leaking at the top with new seals. Is it possible they are all leaking past the spool valves that bad?

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Wouldn't it grow tighter around the valve with age as shoe polish builds up?

·
Registered
56 Posts
In my experience they do leak a little around the top. It makes trouble shooting a hpo leak difficult. I did injector top seals and nipple cups too and I could hear a faint leak of air still out of a couple. My truck runs good afterwards with no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I've ran into this failure several times. I have another one in the shop right now having starting issues with only one injector spool valve leaking. They can leak bad enough to cause a no-start hot, or low ICP under load fault codes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you fix this I have same problem can you just replace the spool valves or just put new injectors

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 06 6.0 and I rebuilt the injectors. Installed everything and both oil rails are full of oil but with a gauge I have no pressure! I have tried everything and can not get pressure! Anyone have any ideas? Please!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts