Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a loud almost rumble strip noise under deceleration in 4x4, it is the cv joint by the transfer case. I was wondering if it could be rebuilt or do I need to replace the whole shaft. This is a 2002 7.3 extended cab long box, also does anyone off hand know the length of drive shaft I need? Checked rock auto and they have a few different sizes available.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
if the ujoints are worn they can be replaced, the only part that requires you to replace the driveshaft is if the splines are worn out

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Unless you hit something or put it in a ditch that would physically misalign the driveshaft there's no reason to have it rebalanced... Which is the only 'adjustment' you'd be able to do to it. New ujoints and their hardware and you're good to go.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I really was thinking I needed to replace the shaft. This truck has not been dukes of hazard and the problem came up and I didn't keep running it like that. So it should seem that I can replace the u-joints and run it, saves me money for my project car.:evil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts