Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed it. I'm assuming needs replaced looking like this. Can you tell me what it would effect, what will change when it's new etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
its the pigtail for the icp sensor. looks like it was spliced on there once already judging by the butt connectors. if your noticing any driveabilty issues putting a new pigtail on it will prolly solve them

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the pigtail for the icp sensor. looks like it was spliced on there once already judging by the butt connectors. if your noticing any driveabilty issues putting a new pigtail on it will prolly solve them
Thanks, what reasons would it have been spliced into? What does it provide? What kind of 'driveablitity' issues would there be from this (acceleration, rough idle, smoke)?

My truck only has 123k and has a LOT of white, and almost always constant, smoke. It is severe on start up and slows down but never quits. I'm reading so much on here that people have stock injectors up until 200k ish. I'm wondering to myself if mine are actually going bad with only 123k and it's not something else causing the smoke. I put in a new GPR, that did make a difference but not 100% better. The Stancor seems to kick the WTS off much sooner than normal and as long as it's not too cold out it'll crank right up. Colder it is, whiter the smoke. I'm putting new injectors and GP's in anyways, just wanted to know for future reference.

·
Registered
83 Posts
if the connections arent in the best of shape the sensor mite be giving the ecm a faulty reading. my guess is that if someone wired a different pigtail on there then the plug was prolly broken at some point in the past

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
If it was messed up already or if someone attemted to do the "10k ICP resistor mod" (fools the PCM into thinking the HP oil pressure is lower than it actually is, so it tries to raise it). Here's the part numbers for the sensor repair pigtail:

ICP Sensor Connector (repair connector with 12” pigtails for ICP,EBP sensors)
(Ford) 5C3Z-12224-A
(International) 2501105C1

Cheers!

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was messed up already or if someone attemted to do the "10k ICP resistor mod" (fools the PCM into thinking the HP oil pressure is lower than it actually is, so it tries to raise it). Here's the part numbers for the sensor repair pigtail:

ICP Sensor Connector (repair connector with 12” pigtails for ICP,EBP sensors)
(Ford) 5C3Z-12224-A
(International) 2501105C1

Cheers!
Perfect. Once again, thanks everyone. No question is too difficult for PSN. :psn:

edit - while I'm here asking questions, can anyone tell me where they've found the brush guards on the front of their truck? I like some of them but the only ones I'm finding are JCWhitney type or ebay type. I'm looking for something massive with a winch, lights, and room for other things I have ideas for.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Perfect. Once again, thanks everyone. No question is too difficult for PSN. :psn:

edit - while I'm here asking questions, can anyone tell me where they've found the brush guards on the front of their truck? I like some of them but the only ones I'm finding are JCWhitney type or ebay type. I'm looking for something massive with a winch, lights, and room for other things I have ideas for.
Product Search

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No luck. I'm probably looking more for someone that can do a complete custom job actually. I've heard stories about people somehow putting compressed air in their custom bumper with tanks built in them. Anywho, I had another idea with something similar instead of (or including) compressed air...

As an IDEA, this is what I'm talking about:

Not something like this:

Batteries. If I could find someone to make me a big enough custom bumper with the bumper the size of the batteries, maybe I could relocate the batteries and have much more room under the hood to mount meth/h20 kit/reservoir and many other electrical things.. Here's the idea.. What you think?

If this is your truck - thanks for the use of the pic (google). :) I don't think I'd need 4 batteries yet but eventually when the time comes the space would be available. I drew 4 on there as an idea of how much space you would have. Plenty of space. Measurements of a battery I looked up was H8xL10xW7 inches. I think, especially on some of the higher sitting trucks, a bumper with enough space to fit a battery (12-13" tall) would fit pretty well and not look ridiculously big.

Or even if it was too tall and looked hideous you could get one of the optimas (opinions vary) that you can mount sideways or in any direction. Then you would only need about 7-9 inches and mount them on the side with the cables facing the rear of the truck.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Locate a welding shop in your area and they can custom make one for you. Spend as much or as little as you want on one.

124 Posts
edit - while I'm here asking questions, can anyone tell me where they've found the brush guards on the front of their truck? I like some of them but the only ones I'm finding are JCWhitney type or ebay type. I'm looking for something massive with a winch, lights, and room for other things I have ideas for.[/QUOTE]

I check out some Ranch Hand bumpers.. I have front an rear on my 94 Chevy 2500 an i built tanks in both of them easily..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts