Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Nose picker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The body lines on my cab and bed seem off, well I think they are but only on the drivers side. The passanger side is fine. What would cause something like this to be happening? and whenever I hook up a trailer the bed dives more. The frame is straight and not tweaked. I bought the truck like this and thought it was the sagging cab mount bushings but after replacing them with OEM's this is still there.

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
Has the truck ever been in a wreck?

·
Nose picker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was hit in the driver rear but it was minor. It could've had the bedside replaced and just put on crooked but what gets me is when I hook up a bumper pull you can see the bed diving towards the rear.

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
How does the spacing between the cab/bed compare on either side. I think that'd help show a single-side issue. The only thing I could think of beside the frame and panel would be bent/worn out springs/shackle, but not sure how much that would affect the body lines. There's so much flex in OBS frames that I'm guessing it's possible you could have a slight bend but to the blind eye under the truck it looks fine.

·
DieselAddict
63 Posts
I think this is a factory thing. I had a 1995 F150, the bed was off. My 1997 F250HD, bed is off.... don't know why.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If the bed side was replaced and the alignment shims were not changed to counter any changes in the body lines then it will be off no matter what.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Could it not be the cab / bed bushings? I have the same problem. I don't think my bedside was replaced because it sounds like it was bondo'd.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,329 Posts
The body lines on my cab and bed seem off, well I think they are but only on the drivers side. The passanger side is fine. What would cause something like this to be happening? and whenever I hook up a trailer the bed dives more. The frame is straight and not tweaked. I bought the truck like this and thought it was the sagging cab mount bushings but after replacing them with OEM's this is still there.

In that pic I dont see anything off:confused: but it is a ford thing, the frames are designed to flex as part of the suspension.

Could it not be the cab / bed bushings? I have the same problem. I don't think my bedside was replaced because it sounds like it was bondo'd.

Holy crap:eek: Now yours is off especially for sitting on flat ground

But if you think that is bad, looky here

·
Registered
498 Posts
Holy crap:eek: Now yours is off especially for sitting on flat ground

But if you think that is bad, looky here
Yeah that's what I am worried about. I want to try to fix it before I put fiberglass on it. I can always fix it by hanging the fiberglass different to compensate, but that's a president-rig fix in my opinion.

Sadly I know all too much about these type trucks frame flex. Sometimes it eve gets stuck that way :eek:

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
FTW:ford:

·
Nose picker
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found some better pictures. I was talking about the bed doing this with a trailer hooked up. Some trucks do it and some don't. The frame twisting doesn't concern me but the bed sagging does. And I've been told by many going down the road with a trailer the gap between the cab and bed goes big then small then big and so on.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,329 Posts
Now I see What you are talking about. Looks as thought the frame is bending right behind the cab, almost as if it is going to brake:eek:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

quick derail, what steps are on your truck, that truck looks great!

·
BIG_RED
280 Posts
i believe they are carr steps. mine look just that

·
Registered
498 Posts
quick derail, what steps are on your truck, that truck looks great!
Not sure, I would have given them to you. I thought they looked decent but through them in trash. Didn't want them to rip a hole in the cab if they catch a rock since my truck will be lower. They only had one bolt holding them on :eek:(drilled through I believe the rocker panel as brad said). Thanks the truck looks a lot better in those pics, but it will get back to show quality over the next couple years :ford:

·
Registered
498 Posts
So anyone know why the trucks do this?
From everything I have read over the last couple years, it's just frame flex. I can watch my bed and cab move separately over bumps driving down the road looking in the rear view mirror. As a kid in my dads 97 psd towing a bumper pull, I could watch the bed move several inches as we were going around corners and bumps.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yea, as said these frames flex, sometimes alot. I have some pics you should see of my 94 at some pulls, and tug of wars. (stock frame, no reinforcement or bars etc) Scarry how much it flexes. Ive never seen one flex like my 94 has. IDI Low end torque I guess.:ford:

·
STILL LEARNING
18,329 Posts
Yea, as said these frames flex, sometimes alot. I have some pics you should see of my 94 at some pulls, and tug of wars. (stock frame, no reinforcement or bars etc) Scarry how much it flexes. Ive never seen one flex like my 94 has. IDI Low end torque I guess.:ford:
LOL. You should see my 1980 pulling truck flex(429 and the swiss cheese frame):doh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts