Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
dude i know you were thinkin black but crome wheels would look realy good on that truck since you got the grill and wheel trim and that color grey and crome looks great especialy if you got bed rails and black stays dirty it seems like because it doesnt hide dirt at all and then you would just be ridin around with dirty black wheels lol not tryna sh!t on your idea or any thing jus what i was thinkin.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea know that the chrome looks pretty good but the chrome is flaking off and looks like crap up close so the painting is kind of needed. i wont paint them black. ill try to make it a lighter shade

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
imean if you dont want to or cant spend the money on new wheels find a good used set that you like and if you cab swing that go for it then youl have a standerd 16 wheeel insted in 16.5 if you had that tires are alot cheeper for 16s and there gona be wider and poke them tires out a lil bit and look good

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
imean if you dont want to or cant spend the money on new wheels find a good used set that you like and if you cab swing that go for it then youl have a standerd 16 wheeel insted in 16.5 if you had that tires are alot cheeper for 16s and there gona be wider and poke them tires out a lil bit and look good
OCstroker, the stock wheels are 16's, not 16.5's.

Daniel, your truck would look good with black wheels. When I brought the black wheels home I have on my red '97, I put them up against (your) truck to see how it looked. It looked killer, I didn't think to take a pic though.

Get the clearcoat bead-blasted off and get them powdercoated black, paint won't stick to the factory clearcoat very well at all.

Let me know if you decide to get rid of the Alcoas, I still want them back! LOL

Dave

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OCstroker, the stock wheels are 16's, not 16.5's.

Daniel, your truck would look good with black wheels. When I brought the black wheels home I have on my red '97, I put them up against (your) truck to see how it looked. It looked killer, I didn't think to take a pic though.

Get the clearcoat bead-blasted off and get them powdercoated black, paint won't stick to the factory clearcoat very well at all.

Let me know if you decide to get rid of the Alcoas, I still want them back! LOL

Dave
haha everyone wants these things i have like 5 ppeople who want to buy them lol. but thats exactly what i was thinking. i have a buddy who can sand-blast for me and ill look around to see what it will cost to have them powdercoated. thanks!

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
for some reason i thought they were 16.5s i never had stock wheels on my truck so i wasnt sure

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
JMHO But THAT^^^^^ looks like crap

If you get you wheels done, make sure you SOAD blast or WALNUT shell blast. Sandblasting will destroy the aluminum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts