Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Powerstroke Loyalist
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 on are all AD injectors right? The injectors in the 01 have 160,000 on them and mine have 324,000, and gas has been run through them twice. My truck (older injectors) made 254 rwhp on the dyno with a tune that routinely does 310+. Just wondering if I could swap and gain some hp.

·
Terminator Nation
5,121 Posts
The injectors are the same size so any power increase would be due to the relative condition of your present injectors and the replacement ones.

·
Powerstroke Loyalist
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking the injectors in the 01 are in much better condition. Seeing that they have half the miles and that they have never had gas run through them. There's gotta be something going on. I only made 254 hp with a terminator pump and a modded turbo doing 32 psi. with the hottest tunes available.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Who's tunes?

at 160k miles....get remans.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The injector swap will not be free. You have to replace the orings and washers. Your swap will be going from really worn out injectors to just worn out injectors. At 160k they most likely are worn too. Not worth the effort if the truck runs good. Just my opinion. Good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just a thought. You can pull the newer set and send them in to be tested and have the minimum work that's needed done. It may be cheaper than you think.

·
Renegade Diesel
255 Posts
Just a thought. You can pull the newer set and send them in to be tested and have the minimum work that's needed done. It may be cheaper than you think.

playing off this thought

put the lower miles ones in your truck, just put new o rings and the washer seal on them.

Then send your higher mileage ones in to say jim at rosewood and have them reworked when you get the cash.

·
Powerstroke Loyalist
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess I could do that. The 01 is part of my dad's business fleet. It runs fine, I drive it on occasion. It's not like one of the injectors is bad or anything.

·
Powerstroke Loyalist
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Who is that? Never heard of them so that could be your problem as well.....
He's actually pretty good. I always see 1000hp trucks being worked on in his shop. He's got a 10 second crew cab 7.3 and an 800 hp 6.4 in the shop right now. He just likes to keep on the DL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts