Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm the new guy. want some feed back because this is my first "off road" build. i think i want to go with some 37s. and a shot or two of my EX on 26" wheels, yeah you see why my name is brownneck lol.

Attachments

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Is the Build for your pickup????

And welcome to PSN!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, i've done all you see. but i THINK i want to go bigger and a 2011 conversion maybe. i drag race grudge bikes so its my tow motor too. the EX is for groceries lol.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Sweet!! For off road use hmmmmm... 37 would work good. I have never built anything for off road use.. I just drive them were they go. and if I cant make it, I try a new rought...

Other that have done this kind of thing should chime in really soon..

So hang in there!!!! Looks like you have a start..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEY MAN, THANKS. seems like you PSN guys are cool. those cats on the corvette and grandprix forums suck. they always rag you if your car isnt damnear stock. at least big wheels are cool here, lol. and i just want it to look the off road look, my other friends rib me because my truck is never dirty :pointlaugh:

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
LOL No broblem man!!! If you need anything give a shout..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roger that:ford:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I think youve got a good start. It just all depends what you actually want to do with your truck. What type of trailer are you towing for your bikes? If its a bigger trailer, I wouldnt lift it anymore than 4". Then again, thats just me. I know tons of guys who tow 45' toyhaulers with 6" lifts on their trucks.

Anyways, I think your truck looks good, and the X looks good as well. Ive got a soft spot for those excursions! Dont worry, we wont "rag" you here. Not too bad anyways.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:bowfast: thank you. i was thinking of 37s with a 6" lift, my trailer is only a 17 footer. does anyone have any info on a 2011 conversion for the front end? i saw a guy on youtube with an EX that did the conversion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yes, no mods. they fit perfect no scrubbing and i can still pull a 7x14 @ 80 plus mph.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you're not doing any off roading, definitely ditch the Bubba lip.
hey man i live in FL, there's always some dumbass stuck at the beach, in a ditch when it rains, or the last place in the world that you would say "wtf":doh: so i plan to be that cool cat that happens along(for 25 bucks of course) unless its a chick LOL

·
Registered
385 Posts
does anyone have any info on a 2011 conversion for the front end? i saw a guy on youtube with an EX that did the conversion.
Poke around on here and you'll run across it, I know there was a guy that had an 08 dually that did an 11 front end on it. But keep in mind, the bed line on the 11s is different than our trucks. Not the entire line, but where the wheel is. So if you do the front end, you almost need to do the bed to make it look right IMO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Poke around on here and you'll run across it, I know there was a guy that had an 08 dually that did an 11 front end on it. But keep in mind, the bed line on the 11s is different than our trucks. Not the entire line, but where the wheel is. So if you do the front end, you almost need to do the bed to make it look right IMO.
you are right, thanks. i just saw it on youtube:(

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
hey man i live in FL, there's always some dumbass stuck at the beach, in a ditch when it rains, or the last place in the world that you would say "wtf":doh: so i plan to be that cool cat that happens along(for 25 bucks of course) unless its a chick LOL
Sounds like a plan. Although I haven't met a stuck truck yet that I couldn't pull out with a quick tug.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts