Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4r100 and am wandering if i can upgrade it with a BTS torque converter and valve body without the transmission taking a big ####.i heard that some wont hold the power because of some weak internals.i have the number from the tag on it

9M
YC3P-MB
PRB-CT1
8D-9M15

any help would be great,thanks.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
You will pry be okay for a while. Looking at your signature you don't have any big power adders and that is when you will find the weak links in the trans. You may burn the clutches up a little quicker though with the converter engaging much harder.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I have around 20 passes on my stock trans with a PI TC and a sonnax/tricumulator kit. Both from David Lott of Diesel Innovations.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but i have a 6in lift and 37 to put on the truck, along with a custom fuel system so............

Sleeper:thats what i was thinking,a Precision torque converter and a BTS valve body.will it help the tranny last longer than it would keeping it stock?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yep. I have been running mine pretty hard with a heavy duty TC and sonnax valve and tricumalator spring also. For over a year now.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so with the valve body would it be necasary to have the sonnax kit too?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I dissagree, I am a BTS dealer and accourding to Brian he doesn't like seeing anyone use "his" Tq in a stock trans. Even a PI will require Pump mods.

A better solution is get a 6.0 Tq converter thats made for the 7.3 and a BTS VB

You don't need any kit with a BTS VB.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what shuld i do.there are so many different oppinions.my temperature has been going as high as 180*.It is 160* normally

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I love my combo. Diesel Innovation got me a PI TC and Sonnax Tricumulator and they work awesome together. David also sponsors PowerStrokeNation.com....

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much is a 6.0 torque converter?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just a though if you kill that trans anyway after you put all that in. Dont you need all new again? I was told the torque converter would be trash or you would have to have it taken apart and cleaned which is pretty exspensive.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stock with an adapter

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Just a though if you kill that trans anyway after you put all that in. Dont you need all new again? I was told the torque converter would be trash or you would have to have it taken apart and cleaned which is pretty exspensive.
The PI Stallion gets one free cleaning or stall change. And the cleaning isn't that expensive either.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Yep. I have been running mine pretty hard with a heavy duty TC and sonnax valve and tricumalator spring also. For over a year now.
I dissagree, I am a BTS dealer and accourding to Brian he doesn't like seeing anyone use "his" Tq in a stock trans. Even a PI will require Pump mods.

A better solution is get a 6.0 Tq converter thats made for the 7.3 and a BTS VB

You don't need any kit with a BTS VB.
I have had my P I, modded pump and VB in the truck for a few years (not Counting the year and change park ) those that know me know I am not easy on it .

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have had my P I, modded pump and VB in the truck for a few years (not Counting the year and change park ) those that know me know I am not easy on it .
how much was it too get the pump modded and what are the benefits of it?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a tugger full reprogram kit. It comes with every thing including pump mods. I think it is the best $100.00 i have spent. IDK if it is all the pump mod you need there may be more than what Trans go does.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts