Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
HairCutter,

Welcome! Your third picture is a bit blurry at full size. From the pictures I'd say were on the driverside frame rail as I can see the anti-lock brake unit. Based on the pictures and location I'd take a look at your power steering system.

Cj

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Possible oil cooler / power steering leak on the engine . Are you having to add engine oil or power steering fluid on a consistent basis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
You need to clean everything up as good as possible and then just watch it

·
Project Shamu
2,476 Posts
Its also underneath the master cylinder, could be brake fluid?

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
If I had to guess I’d say power steering pump hose that’s on the side of reservoir, pretty common failure point. Or leaking oil cooler on side of block, nuther common leak area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here’s a v
I just bought it but the oi
HairCutter,

Welcome! Your third picture is a bit blurry at full size. From the pictures I'd say were on the driverside frame rail as I can see the anti-lock brake unit. Based on the pictures and location I'd take a look at your power steering system.

Cj
heres a vid I took

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Looks to me you have a fuel leak on driver’s side of bowl, you can see it dripping last few seconds of video. Iirc that may be the fuel pressure sensor leaking. I’d just remove and put a pipe plug in it think it’s 1/8” pipe fitting. Least that’s one, I think, it should flow out back of block and down on top of starter/bell housing area. It may not if drain hole in back of “V” in the block casting is plugged with keeerap. I’d taste it to see what it is, could be fuel, engine oil, anti freeze, brake fuel or PS fluid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts