Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the houston area. In about 2 weeks i plan on installing my 42 and studs,rods,and springs.Someone that knows a thing or 2 about doing the install would be nice. i have no intentions on taking it to any vendors because im short on cash could anyone be willing to help.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Where in cypress you located? I dont know much about diesel but i dont mind giving a hand? Im off 529 and fry

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh ok im between 249 and 290 closer to you though. i would just like somebody, who knows more than i do helping me with the studs and springs.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Block out the entire weekend for the job.

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i got planned this next week or so im going to finish up all the small stuff like fuel lab mounts and stufflike that

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Do you have a good valve spring tool. If you have the kind with the star handle, remove the handle and weld a nut on there. You will need it.

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i will need to get one the spring tool that i have is toast. how ever im wondering if i should replace gaskets or not.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
If your valve cover gaskets are in good shape they should be good to go. Might want to get a mechanics o-ring kit from Guzzle. That way you will have some spare o-rings if you tear one up.

Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your valve cover gaskets are in good shape they should be good to go. Might want to get a mechanics o-ring kit from Guzzle. That way you will have some spare o-rings if you tear one up.

Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines
no no ive been told i dont have to pull my heads but at first i thought i had too. i know if i leave them on i have to make sure my piston is tdc but if i take them off i can do my springs way easier.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Do Not pull your heads. Place each piston at TDC while changing springs. I was talking about the o-ring kit, to replace any o-rings you tear up on disassembly. Fuel o-rings, Hpop line o-rings, etc. Handy thing to have laying around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts