Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped a picture while ducking into the driver side front wheel well. The picture is looking back towards the rear of block. I’m still new to the 6.0 so not sure what I’m looking at. There appears to be 4 circular objects on block and the one closest to the firewall looks wet. It’s at top of picture right under exhaust manifol. I tried smelling it, couldn’t tell what it smelled like. I have a cold so can’t smell great right now! Hoping you can let me know what might be leaking and if it’s something to take care of ASAP or not. I peaked at the passenger side same area and it looks wet also but not as bad. Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Native Texan
9,033 Posts
looks like just oil seeping and running down the block its probably coming from the upper portion of the head which. The part circled is a freeze plug and would leak coolant which would be easily identified.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Everything above it looks dry as far as the head goes, but then again I can’t see everything there is from the view I had.

·
Native Texan
9,033 Posts
Well I have seen plenty of 6.0l in the day they can leak from the head and it is common. There is a upper aluminum portion that bolts to the head that can leak u also have the glow plug harness plugs that can leak. From what I have seen over the years that's where I would be looking.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts