Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my sct when I had my headgaskets replaced a year ago or so. They reflashed the truck and ficm it says on a tag on the radiator support. Since the reflash my mileage has went from 16-17 to 12-13. I just purchased a used Xcal 2 from a guy with a 2004 model. When it gets here would it be possible to load his stock tune off it and use it for the base in my truck? Also would this screw up the ficm calibration since the dealer tag says they reflashed both of them when they did the gaskets. I think it would be as simple as plugging in the tuner when it gets here and loading a tune then switching it back to stock. That should put his stock tune on the truck as long as I don't plug it in to my computer and unlock his stock tune. I could be way off here.

·
Village Idiot
1,054 Posts
You can't change your strategy and Ford can't go back they can only flash to the latest available. Your best bet is to get some decen't tunes for the Xcal2 and possibly get the FICM tuned as well. Do you know what strategy they flashed you to?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't know the strategy untill the xcal arrives. A couple years back when I had my first xcal I took my truck in for service and it was reflashed when I got home I did not unlock my old stock code from my sct. I just plugged it in and loaded a tune and then loaded back to stock. It loaded my stock tune from before the flash and I was able to keep using my tunes. I figured I could do the same thing it would just be with whatever stock calibration the guy had that I am buying the xcal from.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To all SCT customers:

It is very important that if you go to the dealership and get reflashed that you unlock your box before loading any tunes. The Unlock button is in the Liveload software.

If you do not unlock your box, when you reload your stock file you will be loading the stock file before the reflash. This was a change made by SCT when developing the software so customers can use the same Liveload files with the Xcal2 and the Livewire.

--- found this. Does this seem possible to load an older stock calibration from another truck ?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
no your going to have to send your ficm in to eric to get it back. you can also go to junk yards and take the computer and ficm off of on that hasnt been reflashed. also ford can change your reflash to whatever the tech wants to do. my friends a tech and he asked me which one i want.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
You can't change your strategy and Ford can't go back they can only flash to the latest available. Your best bet is to get some decen't tunes for the Xcal2 and possibly get the FICM tuned as well. Do you know what strategy they flashed you to?
Matt Ford can go back to the original flash actually. Go to the dealer and ask for an as built flash.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 05 had a reflash date of late 04 i just had it done last week with no difference in MPG. I get 15.5 in town and 18 Highway. I guess im lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts