Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initial results are in and they are positive. I am ready to offer the stage 1 and 1.5 cams to the public.

Stage 1 Cam:
Shows power increases from 1500+ RPMs with no negative effects for the daily driver. Lift was increased from .425" (stock) to .450" to be gentle on the valvetrain and allow the Comp 910 spring to be used with a .025-.03" shim (1.775" installed height for 125lbs of seat pressure). This cam is good for stock to mildly ported heads (bowl work).

Stage 1.5 Cam:
Same duration and characteristics as the Stage 1 with lift increased to .510" for the ported heads that can take advantage of the additional lift. This cam requires a dual spring that would provide 150lbs on the seat and 350lbs at .550" lift. The Comp 26925 springs at an installed height of 1.8" would work perfect, or any spring with a spring rate of 400lbs/inch at around 150lbs of seat pressure.

Stage 2 Cam:
This cam is still in the works but would be for the guy running a large turbo that can stand to lose a bit of power below 1700 RPMs. I am interested in getting this cam out to the guys with hot street trucks with 74mm and larger turbos and 200% or larger nozzles. I will work with anyone wanting to give this one a try. Again this isn't a huge cam, simply something to make these motors breathe better between 2600 and 3500 RPMs.

Also, the above cams do not require flycutting of the pistons unless the valve clearance has been reduced from stock because of head milling or valve changes.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
sounds pretty cool, can't wait to see some user feedback;)

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
cool man, sucks you didn have em ready for my motor. lol now you have to come help install one in mine one of these days :poke:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
im very interested to see what a 1.5 cam does to the hybrid/38r combo that works so well for you. I never realized how small our cams were for the size of the motor. Everyone around here has learned about fuel/time now its gonna be a lesson on air/time, Good Job Matt lets see some dyno graphs :poke:

·
Registered
346 Posts
any for the 6.0?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
here's my take on this, why wouldn't a cam work, if you increase lift and or duration you are allowing better flow of air. I think the diesel world on average just uses turbo's as a way to "cheat" instead of going thru all the work to improve flow we just push the air in, I love the power equation of turbo's I just think that we get lazy and leave it all up to the turbo. after seeing how hard the n/a crowd works to get power on heads, intake, cams, seems like if we do half the work the results could be impressive.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts