Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, me and a couple buddies are interested in taking a fishing/camping (cabin) trip to Colorado. Not exactly sure where to go and a googled a few places but it's literally hundreds of spot and quite overwhelming. We are looking at sometime in May. Thanks

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
May is considered the "MUD" season here in Colorado's high country and there is usually quite a bit of snow left in the hills. The spring run off is going quite wild at the time, that is if we get any snow. So what kind of fishing, hikeing, and camping are you looking for? Warm water fish or trout?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May is when my other deployed buddy gets back...anytime before that would not work. Trout would be what we're interested in. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
One area that I like for fishing is Stagecoach State Park up near Steamboat Springs. It has good trout fishing and also northern pike in the water. It is also close enough to Steamboat that if you want you can enjoy a little bit of the night life that is there in May. Also on the link you can pull up any state park that there is here in Colorado and check them out. One other location would be Sylvan Lake State Park. It is outside of Eagle just off of I-70 and is a smaller area but they do rent out cabins.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the links. Looks nice and will pass it on to my buddies. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts