Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sabol
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I know a lot of Superduty owners are towing campers and trailers with the same siding material. I wanted to see if anyone has recent experience with a cleaner that really works good on the camper exterior.
I have white paint on aluminum sided camper.
After parking it in our side driveway it has the black streaks from rain etc, and general grime from just towing it around.
Camping world has some for the streaks, but i wanted to hear some opinions from experienced guys
thanks

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
I've used a couple of different products from camping world and had good results from both. Unfortunately I don't remember their brand names but the reviews on there are brutally honest. If the product don't work it'll say so in the review section.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The key to keeping it streak free is keeping the top of the camper clean. Then a good coat of wax on the sides and any streaks you get will come right off. I will be doing this as soon as the weather starts to cool down here.

The only thing I've had work is a strong mixture of bleach. I put it in a sprayer mixed like 70/30 and spray down a small section and scrub and rinse right away. I don't let it sit. Some people say and it is possible for it to make the decals bleed or color run but I haven't had an issue from it yet.

I'll be scrubbing the roof this fall good and applying a good wax job to the sides.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Depend with the finish and material, but most of the time I use klasse AIO in cleaning and protecting it,topped with Megs ultimate spray wax.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I use Protect All (you can buy it at Walmart) The wax and Treatment seems to get the streaks off but it takes some elbow grease. They also have a Black Streak remover that works even better. Combating Black Streaks Article - Protect All
Same stuff I use. Goes on easy and leaves a great shine. Uv protection as well. It may not last as long as a paste wax, but with a 34ft trailer, it only takes about an hour to do the whole job. You might try some 303 protectant, little pricey but I've heard some good things about it. Might try some myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts