Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was driving along and truck started kindof missing it seemed like then I stopped in walmart and read the codes, I should have written them down, but one was some sort of a pcm code that I looked up and said the code would come up when the pcm found an internal problem. a cam sensor code also showed up. I cleared the codes and headed for O'reillys, I had 2 or 3 cam sensor codes. I bought a borg warner cam sensor, changed it, and cleared my codes again. Truck seemed to run fine then I made it about a half mile down the road and it started running rough shutting down and starting again and bucking hard. it would not start back up, so I put in my old sensor, and still, no start. It cranks with no start and I only have a p0340 code now, which is a cam sensor circuit malfunction. I remember reading before about certain cam sensors being junk out of the box, do you think I have a pcm problem, or which sensor should I get? Any other suggestions please,
BTW my fuel is not gelled up, I thought that may have been a problem too but it is good.

Thany you

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back up and running, motorcraft sensor and plugging the opt back in did the trick

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ipr*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts