Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Military/Firefighter
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving to San Antonio this summer with wife and 2 kids. Does anyone know what part of San Antonio or places close to there are safe, family-friendly environments where we wont get mugged or shanked? I am also looking for reasonable costs of living...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just moved into the area not too long ago and everyone I talked too said to stay clear of the southern parts of town. I live off of the 1604 loop up north and like it so far. There are some nice neighborhoods with decent house pricing around me too.. Is there a specific area you've looked at yet? Depending where you will be working, traffic can be pretty bad at certain times of the day. Just another thing to think about.

-Kevin

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
I moved there 2yrs ago. I lived in live oak which is basically where i35 and loop 306 meets on the north side. We eventually moved to borene which is near i10. The boerne area is very nice but kinda far from most of what we did. It ia also some what expensive. We had to move due to my wifes job but I really liked the area. If and when I get to move back I will live in the schertz/ cibalo area (lots of affordable new housing) or new braunfels (also lost of ne housing). Living in those area keeps you close to the main road ways into san antonio and you still have all the major shopping and stuff to do. The kids will like floating the river, slitterbaun and sea world (which is redoing their water park for this summer which is suppost to be pretty good. It was a lot of fun last year) get a season pass to sea world as they are pretty cheap and it is fun since they have a few rollercoasters and the water park past the animals.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
I moved there 2yrs ago. I lived in live oak which is basically where i35 and loop 1604 meets on the north side. We eventually moved to borene which is near i10. The boerne area is very nice but kinda far from most of what we did. It ia also some what expensive. We had to move due to my wifes job but I really liked the area. If and when I get to move back I will live in the schertz/ cibalo area (lots of affordable new housing) or new braunfels (also lost of ne housing). Living in those area keeps you close to the main road ways into san antonio and you still have all the major shopping and stuff to do. The kids will like floating the river, slitterbaun and sea world (which is redoing their water park for this summer which is suppost to be pretty good. It was a lot of fun last year) get a season pass to sea world as they are pretty cheap and it is fun since they have a few rollercoasters and the water park past the animals.
loop 306 is in san angelo. lived there to along time ago

·
Registered
153 Posts
ive lived in the northwest side of s.a my whole life (helotes)and love it but i dont mind geting parts on the other sides of town or doing jobs cause i use to work constuction but i would not want to live on the east west or south side its kinda a diffrent world in some of those places

1 - 7 of 7 Posts