Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I love reading stuff that people have done with motors and what they have put them in and I love the 7.3 and I have a 66 mustang....now before you all blow a gasket it's just talk.....for now... But anyways I love the 7.3 And off and on I think of how awesome it would be in a muscle car. But let's get real the 7.3 is really heavy and I'm sure could be put in a mustang but it would be a pain and wicked modifications would have to be made. Now as I said I love to read and stumbled on the old 4bt cummins motor and people have put those in jeeps broncos,you name it. Now I've never change a motor. As change it from a stock motor to a bigger motor. My plans for my car was a 289 or 302. But I don't know. Gas just doesn't do it for me. The 4bt weighs around 760 I think I read some where. I currently have the 4 lug front and rear ends,drum brakes. Those would all be changed with heavy duty stuff of course and disk brakes. Just wondering if this would be possible to "drop" a 4 cylinder in it and what modifications would need to be made. I want something unique! This wont happen for a long time if ever. Just something to talk and think about. Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
look up the 4bt powered 69 camaro, its been done and if you handy with metal its not that big a deal, i was going to put a duramax in my 69 coronet if you think thats crazy.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that car on YouTube,7 seconds on a 1/8. Now a duramax in a 69 coronet would be awesome. I gotta research more and see engine diameters and such

1 - 3 of 3 Posts