Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having to put new caliper brackets and pins on my superduty cause the other ones are froze so bad. The guy at the dealership couldn't tell me, but which pin goes on the top or bottom? Does the one with the rubber on the end go to the top hole or bottom hole of the bracket?

Thanks Tim

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
If I read it correctly all the caliper guide pins are the same, and they should all have rubber boots.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
They should have rubber boots and a rubber gromit on the pin itself.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the one i'm referring to is the guide pin with rubber on the tip of it. not the boots. I think I got it figured out. I didn't pay attention to the head differences of the pins when i pulled the old ones out. Just wanted to make sure. But i'm putting in all new brackets and guide pins and when i looked at my old ones i don't remember which side was which. Only one of the pins has the rubber on the tip. Supposedly fords way of fixing the pins from sticking.

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I have read over his page a couple times now. I can't believe I missed that in big bold red letters. hahaha

·
Registered
545 Posts
how much did the brackets cost? i found out i have the exact same problem with the lower pins on both sides are stuck

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wanna say they were about 80 bucks a piece for the brackets and from ford the pins are like 20 bucks a side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts