4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 CCSB 4X4...755 smack-a-roos! gotta love this state!:mad:

edit: oh, and next year i get to smog!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Every year? !!!!!!!!!!!

When you saw registration.....thats basically just to get the tag right??

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
dang all that for just one year. Is that for commercial or some other special plate?

I've been thinking I get hosed with $290 a year for commercial plates and $96 for an inspection, but that makes me feel a little better.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have commercial insurance (which for some reason is cheaper) but yeah, regular registration for just the sticker.
out here it is based on the weight of the vehicle and to do a non op is 97 bucks.

registration fee is 53
license fee 433
weight fee 257
county/district fee 9

looks like ill live off rice and beans for a few weeks, and steve, wanna trade trucks for a while?LOL

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
thats why i drove to vegas and registerd mine, helluva alot cheaper, but i also had to throw state inspection, brake light check, and other crap into it mine was almost 1200 for cali

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats why i drove to vegas and registerd mine, helluva alot cheaper, but i also had to throw state inspection, brake light check, and other crap into it mine was almost 1200 for cali

holy cheese and rice man!!! i would do the outa state thing but i have no address to go to, lol

·
Registered
670 Posts
Daym...

Theres a few reasons Id love to live in Cali....

But theres also a few reasons Im glad I dont!!

Cant figure out which ones outweigh the others!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I just renewed my registration - $246 for TWO years. No inspection, no smog. And my registration is "expensive" because of custom license plates otherwise it would be cheaper than what I paid.

Oh, and I live 10 miles from Cali... :D

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I pay like $100 bucks a year for registration.

one good thing about living in michigan.
Mine were $115 this year for my custom plates here in Ohio.

I've heard the DC area/Maryland have very high registration costs as well.

Our excise tax on fuel is almost 2x as much, I'd say your higher registration costs evens it out.

Dave

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I just renewed my registration - $246 for TWO years. No inspection, no smog. And my registration is "expensive" because of custom license plates otherwise it would be cheaper than what I paid.

Oh, and I live 10 miles from Cali... :D
dang, mine was 86 for 2 years when i renewed them in october.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Yeah, cause I had to Get it scaled by dot, and road armor bumpers, stacks, full. Sound system, and the 37s added plenty of weight, then had to due inspection by chp( getting it weighted was part of chp) , light inspection, salvage fee, new title fee, tags, plates, etc.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts