Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I got pro comp bars on and i honestly to like them. It smoothened out my shifts and my axle wrap is gone. I really like them for what i use my truck for and the price is great. Very easy to install also. about 1 hour 15 min and done.

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Call Calvert racing. That's who makes cal tracs and it's cheap that way.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Both. I have a set of PMF 2" traction blocks/bars being built and should have them in a couple of weeks. I'll be posting my feedback and will compare them with my experience with CalTracs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With cal tracs i'll still have axle wrap? The reason I ask is because I just got the Spartan 310 tune and did a boosted launch in 4H and spun all 4 tires. Never did that with H&S or KEM.

·
Registered
479 Posts
With cal tracs i'll still have axle wrap? The reason I ask is because I just got the Spartan 310 tune and did a boosted launch in 4H and spun all 4 tires. Never did that with H&S or KEM.
I did the same thing a few weeks back at the track. Launched and spun all four. The second time I did it my truck didn't like me. Once it got traction it was a rough little ride

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If your breaking loose at the track you either need to back your launch boost down or lower your tire pressure. I was launching at 22lbs on 325/60R20's and finally got it to quit loosing traction around 35lbs in the tires. Innovative tuning and no trac bars. Ran a 13.1 at almost 5000ft of elevation.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I dont think i was even launching in the 20 psi range. I did drop my air pressure to 40 psi. They needed to go more but I was In a hurry. The last run I made was my fault, wasn't ready for the tree and tried to catch up and spool and I know I spooled wayyy too much.

·
Registered
479 Posts
And all the power! ;)

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I dont think i was even launching in the 20 psi range. I did drop my air pressure to 40 psi. They needed to go more but I was In a hurry. The last run I made was my fault, wasn't ready for the tree and tried to catch up and spool and I know I spooled wayyy too much.
Dont pay the light any attention unless you are trying to run a buddy or something. If you are there strictly for time, make the light turn green and go whenever you are ready

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dont pay the light any attention unless you are trying to run a buddy or something. If you are there strictly for time, make the light turn green and go whenever you are ready

Yeah, I was just in such a hurry that day because it was at an event here in San Antonio and the lines were starting to get long. I was also trying to work on my reaction time because I don't get to the track as much as I would like. I had to show all them dodge boys what's up ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts